A company’s applications are the “digital nervous system” of their business processes. CDI’s broad-based experience can help clients deliver new and innovative solutions to application programs and regain control of troubled projects. CDI Application Life Cycle Management Services (CALMs) offers clients consulting and outsourcing expertise in Application Development, Application Maintenance & Enhancement, Application Migration, Web Content Management, Requirements Management, Software Quality Assurance and Application / Database Assessments.
Whether clients require a traditional waterfall approach or a rapid/iterative approach, CDI can assemble world-class teams in each of these areas to bring advanced best-of-breed solutions to issues affecting application portfolio needs. Our broad range of Application Life Cycle Management Services include:
- Development of custom-built enterprise applications that utilize cutting-edge technologies for the design of software solutions to meet clients needs
- Taking ownership of operating and maintaining legacy applications by providing 24x7 break/fix support, allowing our clients to focus on their core competencies
- Sunsetting and migrating legacy applications while also developing and implementing long-term strategic application solutions
- Enhancing legacy applications to provide ROI functionality improvements and to ensure applications remain compliant with governance requirements
- Development of strategies and services to consolidate fragmented web publishing efforts into a unified Web Content platform
CDI’s proven methodology is built upon industry best practices and strong internal project controls for timely and accurate project delivery. We embrace frequent checkpoints throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) to ensure stakeholder alignment. Our methodology divides the application development process into phases that can be tailored to meet specific business or project requirements and can vary depending on client’s needs. Our proven methodology process includes the following:
Feasibility: Understanding the business need in relation to the project
Initiation: Identifying the specific project activities required to initiate engagement
Planning: Reviewing the planning documents and preparing all supporting process plans
Requirements: Determining requirements based on reviewing the problems, existing systems and discussions and then defining the scope, purpose and key issues of the proposed system
Design: Defining the overall functionality of the system and establishing rules and guidelines governing the system as a whole
Construction: Developing and unit testing the software components of the solution
Testing: Testing the software components for integrated functionality of the different modules as well as User Acceptance Testing
Transition: Implementation of the application to the target environment and turnover to client if required
Support: Ongoing support and maintenance of the application
Retire: Sunsetting an application and working with a client to initiate a new application solution
As businesses evolve their application portfolios, the challenges of supporting heterogeneous application environments increase. Through our Application Life Cycle approach, CDI can cost-effectively manage complex application environments.
CDI can deliver the required technologies, people and service levels to meet the needs of our clients. We have the capabilities to manage client’s applications and deliver measurable results. Our project teams help clients:
- Reduce the total cost of ownership for application management
- Improve maintenance support service levels and enhance productivity
- Improve service execution through achievement of critical levels of service
- Improve application availability through improved uptime
- Create thought leadership addressing application portfolio challenges
Case Study Briefs
CDI has helped numerous clients reduce application development costs, improve quality and ensure compliance.
- A Middle East-based energy company that participates in a broad spectrum of oil and gas exploration and drilling activities and services needed a software solution to develop a Yield Accounting and Settlement system. Data from electronically collected meter power signals needed to be compiled and extensive and complex calculations applied to produce an invoice to submit each month. CDI assisted with enhancing the application, progressing from stand-alone client/server applications to web-enabled .NET technology.
- A leading global provider of integrated avionics, engines, systems and service solutions needed to significantly reduce IT support costs associated with supporting its legacy systems. CDI developed an offsite solution and transitioned the support to our facility over a seven week period. Three months into the steady state support, the transition was seamless and transparent to the client’s business community and all service levels were met or exceeded.
- The oldest and world’s largest healthcare services company that provides pharmaceuticals, medical supplies and technology solutions had a call center application with limited functionality. CDI provided the architectural and development support to redevelop the entire user interface and provided its expertise in driving projects to completion. Approximately 140 screens were designed, developed and deployed and the project was completed on time and on budget.
- A large producer of microprocessors and related technology needed to consolidate all of their fragmented web publishing efforts that were part of their primary domain. CDI implemented a web publishing process based on current tools and customer requirements. We created a flexible workflow that preserved individual customer and product needs and was also aligned with the new processes established.